Brainerd ABE Consortium represents a partnership between Brainerd ISD181, Crosby- Ironton ISD182,
Pequot Lakes ISD186, and Pine River- Backus ISD2174
Brainerd ABE is now located at Central Lakes College in Brainerd, MN
501 W College Drive, Brainerd, MN 56401
Adult Basic Education / GED Program
Brainerd Adult Basic Education - Teaching Adult Learners In The Brainerd Lakes Area.
- Prepare For The GED Test: GED Test content and process changed in 2014. ABE helps students prepare for GED content and computer-based testing. Take the TABE and GED practice tests with us to determine your readiness. (Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies
- Prepare For College: Enroll in ABE Accuplacer prep classes. Practice skills in reading and math before taking the Accuplacer.
- Improve Basic Skills (Sponsored by CLC): Enroll in ABE classes *Adult Education Math 0001 or *Adult Education Reading 0002. No tuition fees or textbook costs. Enrollment based upon Accuplacer scores (20 – 39). Referrals for registration are made by CLC advisors. No CLC credits are awarded for these ABE classes. CLC students can register for these classes online at www.clcmn.edu
- Boost Your Readiness for Employment: Prepare for the Work Keys Exam to earn a National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC). Reading for Information, Applied Math, and Locating Information
- For more information, go to www.act.org
- Brush-Up the Basics: Basic Skills Brush Up: Reading, Writing, Math, and Basic Computer
- Access Distance Learning: ABE enrollment provides access to distance learning. DL helps students reach academic goals more quickly. Eligibility requirements will apply. Classroom attendance is still required but may be limited.
- Northstar Digital Literacy Certificates: We offer instruction for basic computer skills and support online activities for digital literacy. We also proctor these exams.
Adult Basic Education’s mission in Minnesota is to provide adults with educational opportunities to acquire and improve skills necessary for participation as productive workers, family, and community members.
Brainerd Adult Basic Education programming is offered through Brainerd ISD 181 Community Education.
This initiative is made possible with a grant from the MN Department of Education and federal funding from the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act of 2014.