Pequot Lakes Youth Sports offers programming for children Age 5 - 6th Grade
The mission of the Pequot Lakes Youth Sports program is to provide youth of all ages an opportunity to participate in recreational sports in a safe and wholesome environment that focuses on skill development, fun and provides a positive learning atmosphere with an emphasis on sportsmanship.
Participation in youth sports has proven to build self-esteem, promote teamwork and develop the body as well as the mind. The success of the program will be measured by the participant's experience, not the scoreboard or wins and losses. We encourage all participants, parents and coaches to embody, support and spread this philosophy to best serve the youth of our community.
- We operate on an EQUAL PLAY TIME basis.
- Skills will be taught to all players on the team, regardless of their level of play.
- Players are to be taught all aspects of the game, both offense and defense.
- Pequot Lakes Youth Sports has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY toward unsportsmanlike behavior. Good Sportsmanship must be maintained by the coach, players, and parents. Arguing with game officials or other coaches/teams is unacceptable.
- Youth Sports philosophy is about teaching the participants the fundamentals of the game and providing a positive and fun atmosphere.
- Pat Trottier
- Tom Nelson
- Sara Crabb-Erickson
- Rob Birkeland
- Casandra James
- Kent Johnson
- Jonas Abrams
- Kyle Spray